Daily Encouragement Chain
Create a chain out of scraps of paper, write notes, thoughts, what you are thankful for, personal encouragement, what you love about your children, what you want to improve on as a father. Each day, make it part of your routine, sit down with your child, tear off the next chain in the link, and talk about what is written!
Image Source: The Intentional Father
Yes, get the crafts out. Yes, use all the colorful paper and make it beautiful. Get into it, because the more you do, the more your child will and the more excited they are going to be in talking about each chain each day!
I personally love this Intentional Moment because it can easily be tailored to your child and your family.
My family has specifically used this at Christmas. We will use it to count down the 25 days before Christmas. On each chain link write the name of someone we love and are thankful for. Through the month of December, it becomes a part of our bedtime routine to tear off the next link in the chain, talk about how we are thankful for that person, and say a prayer for them.
Below are some more ideas on how you could use an Encouragement Chain:
- Count down the days before summer! Have your children write down activities they would like to do during summer and talk about or plan the details each day you tear the chain off.
- Start at the beginning of your child's birth month and count down the days until their birthday! On each link, write something you love about them or why you are proud of them. Read it to them each night.
- Use it to remind yourself and your children, on a daily basis, what you are thankful for in your life.
- Write personal or goofy questions on each chain and ask each other the next question each morning or night.
- Think of topics (favorite shows, books, activities, class, etc.) your child enjoys and spend a specific amount of time each day discussing the topic.
- Instead of tearing off a link each day, spend that time writing notes to your child or favorite recent memories. Build the chain day after day and save to read through at a later date.
At the end of the day, this Intentional Moment is about intentional time spent with your child, talking and enjoying each other. The chain is simply a catalyst to start the conversation. Tailor it to you and your family!
The link above IS an affiliate link. While this is a product, the intention is to use it as a tool to be more intentional with your child.
To learn more about The Intentional Father's affiliate programs, click the link in the footer.
The link above is NOT an affiliate link. The Intentional Father simply believes it to be a great resource for fathers!